I’m a longtime lover of Pottery Barn decor so it was such a delight working with Pottery Barn Kids to make Charlie’s nursery a reality! I picked out each and every piece for his sweet little space, and it came together even better than I had imagined. As Tom and I prepare for baby boy, some of our most precious moments have been sitting in this nursery together anticipating his arrival. 🙂
My vision for the nursery: classic yet modern / chic but still “sweet”.
When browsing Pottery Barn Kids, I was immediately drawn to the following pieces:
- Sloan Acrylic Crib: I love the airy feel of acrylic so this crib was a no-brainer! Isn’t it FAB? Also, it converts easily into a toddler bed with this conversion kit which makes it a wise investment for years to come!
- Gemma Dresser & Nightstand: From the brass accents to the glossy lacquered finish, these two pieces read: CHIC! With seven roomy drawers, the dresser has ample storage space for ALL THE THINGS. And the nightstand makes for a perfect side table next to the nursery chair. Another thing I love?! The drawers glide LIKE A DREAM thanks to the waxed beech wood.
- Lilly Pulitzer Merced Glider & Ottoman: This glider is such a statement piece! I love nothing more than a bold print, so it was love at first sight when I stumbled upon it. The best part? It’s SUPER COMFORTABLE. There’s a lumbar support pillow included when you purchase. Tom and I LOVE it. Btw, the glider is available in 6 resort-inspired prints, so if you’re having a girl there are options for you too!
*Interesting Side-Note: Both the acrylic crib and the Lilly Pulitzer glider are GREENGUARD Gold Certified. This was really important to me as Charlie will be spending many hours both in his crib and with me in the glider. In case you weren’t aware, GREENGUARD Gold Certified means that the furniture has been screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs that are commonly known to pollute indoor air. If an item is GREENGUARD Gold Certified, it has been deemed “low emitting”, ensuring that the air baby breathes is cleaner. 🙂
After receiving the furniture pieces above, it was time to “accessorize” the space with wall decor, bedding & all the sweet little touches that would make it extra-special.
Once again, I found the most perfect accent pieces from PB Kids:
(You guys know how obsessed I am with all-things-mongrammed!!)
(I love the pattern play between the lattice mirror and the printed glider!)
(Isn’t the elephant a cutie?! And it has a chic crystal base.)
(There are 2 different size options, I chose 3 4×6 frames.)
(ADORABLE, am I right?!)
A few other nursery touches:
- I have such special memories of reading books as a little one, so book storage was an absolute “must”. I snagged super affordable acrylic bookshelves from Amazon, and I adore them! They complemented the Pottery Barn crib perfectly! In addition to books, this cute sky blue letterboard is displayed on the floating shelves. It will be fun updating the letterboard with different quotes, sayings & baby milestones in the coming months. (P.S. The letterboard is double-sided!)
- The precious mobile above the crib is an Etsy find. It was actually handcrafted in Russia so it took a while to arrive, but the wait was SO worth it! (The mobile arm is from Pottery Barn Kids.)
- The Keekaroo Diaper Changing Pad on the dresser was HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by a multitude of people. Supposedly it’s much easier to clean than other diaper changing stations that require covers and pads (that you have to keep washing over and over again!) Also, here is the clear diaper caddy that’s on the dresser. I love that it fades into the background.
- Like I mentioned in our pregnancy announcement, 1 Samuel 1:27 is one of my most favorite verses now that Charlie is on the way. I wanted to display this verse in the nursery so that I’m constantly reminded of God’s faithfulness in blessing us with our sweet baby boy. The hand-painted canvas wall art featuring the verse was another Etsy find. It was only $35!
- Perhaps the “Charlie” baby boy bubble that’s displayed on the wall looks familiar? It made its first debut in the blog post: “Baby Boy Beauchamp’s Name Reveal“. It’s so darn adorable that it had to be displayed! 🙂
- These baskets from Serena & Lily are fabulous. I purchased all three. I’m using the small size for toy storage, the medium size for dirty laundry & the large size to store my nursing pillow and baby’s Boppy lounger.
- The drapes are custom by Eva’s Draperies & Home Decor. She was a dream to work with. We were in a major time crunch, and Eva was able to create and install these custom drapes within a week! I highly recommend her if you live in Dallas.
And that’s a wrap! 🙂 Thank you so much for reading and for sharing in the excitement as we await baby Charlie’s arrival! Sunday can’t come soon enough!! xo
hugs to you,
A big thanks to Pottery Barn Kids for gifting items for Charlie’s nursery!