Does this look like fun or what?!
More like super fun.
Yes, I bounce on a mini trampoline while watching the Today Show in the morning. It’s my little morning ritual. Sound weird or lame or totally wack?! Rebounding may not be very mainstream, but it is gaining popularity in the fitness arena. Bouncing on a mini trampoline is so fantastically good for you that I knew I had to share the deets!
First things first, trampolines are a blast.
Rebounding (and the occasional Zumba class with exceptionally AMAZE music) is just about the most fun way to burn calories. As a matter of fact, it’s kind of hard not to smile while jumping on a mini trampoline. Try it, I can almost guarantee that you won’t be able to frown! Perhaps it is because trampoline jumping is a blast-from-the-past for most of us — it is for me anyway. I would spend countless hours jumping with my cousins on their giant trampoline in their backyard. We couldn’t get enough!
Well it’s time to jump again, friends! So let out your inner-child and start jumping the day away.
Ok so that’s all fun and games, but why do I recommend rebounding for a better bod? Exercising on a rebounder isn’t a cake walk, folks (no matter how silly trampoline fitness may sound to you!) If you put in the effort, you will be huffing and puffing before you know it. Your hard work will pay off because the health benefits of rebounding are astounding.
Benefits of the Bounce:
1. Say “so long!” to cellulite (at least some of it): I have noticed a definite reduction since adding rebounding into my life. Cellulite seems to be the bane of almost every woman’s existence, so why not give the trampoline a try? It is way easier (and less painful!) than pricey cosmetic procedures that may have dangerous side effects.
2. No impact on joints: A rigorous running routine can really wear down your joints – ouch! Although running is a great form of exercise, your knees can only take so much. Switch it up and give your joints a rest on a rebounder.
3. Your cells with be healthier & happier: Some experts refer to rebounding as “cellercising”. You aren’t just exercising your muscles – you are also exercising your cells! Your cells get stronger while rebounding due to the increased G-force. Each and every cell in your body gains strength and resilience with the G-force pressure.
4. It is the ultimate detox: A happy lymphatic system is crucial to a healthy body because it keeps illness at bay! But the lymph system needs your help in order to move throughout your body and to get rid of toxins (because it does not have a pump like the heart!) Rebounding is the perfect solution. Your immune system will thank you.
5. Calorie Burn: Well this is kind of a no-brainer. Nonetheless, this is a huge benefit for anyone on the road to slim!
The benefits above are only a few of the MANY positive effects that rebounding will bring to your body.
Ok, so are you convinced yet?
If so, an easy way to integrate the rebounder into your workout is to bounce in between strength sets – circuit training style! Let’s be honest, I prefer bouncing to burpees any day.
Another thought, we all have days when we are dreading our workout. When you aren’t in the mood for a full-blown sweat sesh, just break out your fav spotify playlist and bounce to the beat on your rebounder! You will get your body moving and be burning major cals in no time.
Not wanting to invest in a mini-tramp of your own? Hit up a rebounding class in your city:
Dallas: PHITchair at Beyond Preston Hollow
Fort Worth: Bounce at D Method
Houston: Urban Rebounding at The Houstonian
Austin: Cardiolates at TRIO Life Fitness
NYC: jumpDANCE at JumpLife
LA: Group Jump at Ballet Bodies
The Reebok tennies I am wearing in the pics are the absolute comfiest sneakers I have ever worn! They are like walking on a cloud, no joke. Reebok’s new YourFlex line integrates memory foam into the lining of the shoe – so you are basically walking around on a tempurpedic all day. If you don’t believe me check out the reviews here!
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog! I am off to Cayman for Easter Weekend – so hopefully I’ll be a few shades tanner the next time you see me! Happy Easter weekend everyone!
P.S. If you would like to be notified when a new fashion or fitness post goes live, subscribe on the right 🙂 Or, stay-up-to-date with me via social media. I would love to connect with you!
Photos by Stephanie Drenka Photography
Stay frilly + fabulously you,