Shop My Look:
It’s the first Fa la la la la FriYAY of December! The season is officially in full swing, folks, and I can hardly contain my excitement. I’m unabashedly obsessed with all things Christmas. Can you tell by my holiday sweater?! Christmas sweaters are TOTAL GAME once December rolls around. I snagged this ornament adorned sweater up at Nordstrom and styled it underneath my favorite faux leather jacket (psst… the jacket is under $100, I’ve worn it for 3 years and counting!) It adds just enough edge to my oh so festive knit, wouldn’t you say? And it cinches in the waist a bit, which I LOVE.
I’ve been scouring Nordstrom.com this season for fun winter outfit ideas and my wish list keeps growing and GROWING. So much Christmas cuteness. For instance, I already purchased this bell-clad Christmas Tree sweater (it jingles when you walk… too fun!!) and this very jolly coffee mug. These flannel jammies are next on my list. Can you believe that they’re available in 21 different prints?! I might need 2. Oh, and this “SLAY” pullover is hilariously fab.
So, in the spirit of my crazy Christmas tendencies, here’s a little list of 5 things that I make sure to do each and every December:
- Trim the tree & deck the halls (duh.) … if you keep up with my Instagram story you may have seen that our new (artificial) tree had an entire strand of lights that were burned out. (#NotAHappyCamper) BUTTT, I maneuvered a few pre-lit tree limbs from the other tree sections and made it work. Girl’s got to do, what a girl’s go to do.
- Watch every single Hallmark Christmas movie at least once or twice (perhaps three times…) I’ve already seen “Matchmaker Christmas” and “A Very Merry Mixup” at least 2 times each. And I’m watching “12 Dates of Christmas” as I type… #HallmarkGameStrong
- Listen to Harry Connick’s Christmas album ON REPEAT. (It’s just so darn seasonal and jazzy!)
- Christmas wrap gifts like it’s an Olympic sport. This I take most seriously (which is rather peculiar considering that I’m not a DIY-er…)
- Dress up Rocky (the pooch!) in multiple Christmas-themed bandanas that I find all over the web. (He loves them, I swear.)
And, before I bid you farewell, take a peek at a few more fabulously festive sweaters from Nordstrom! 🙂
Happy shopping!! xo
A huge thanks to Nordstrom for partnering with me on this post!
Photography by Angie Garcia