Happy FriYAY, friend!
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog! I’m super excited about this sweet, summertime post because…
1. Popsicles. (Champagne is included – it’s the weekend, after all!)
2. Poms. (I’ve found the most perfect top to help you rock the trend!)
Let’s start from the top and discuss these amazingly delish low-sugar pops!
As a Texas native, I’ve experienced my fair share of sky high temps! As I write this post (in a cool, air conditioned apartment, no doubt) it’s currently 102 degrees outside! SO if you need a tan, come to Texas! We have plenty of sun to go around. In my opinion, nothing beats the heat better than a poolside popsicle. Unfortunately, their sugary goodness has a carb count that isn’t so pretty! So what’s a low-sugar, popsicle lovin’ girl to do? She revamps a sugar-filled champagne pop, the low-sugar way! Get excited, it’s absolutely divine!
Low-Sugar Strawberry Champagne Popsicle Recipe
(adapted from this recipe)
-1/4 cup water
-1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener*
*my go-to for sugar-free, all-natural desserts!
-2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 pound Fresh Strawberries
-1 cup Brut Nature Champagne*
*you can use any champagne variation, I suggest using Brut Nature because of it’s low sugar content, you can read more about it HERE.
1. Combine water, sugar & lemon juice in a small sauce pot.
2. Bring to a slight boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, or until Swerve Sweetener dissolves. Set aside to let cool.
3. Cut the green stems off of your strawberries and slice them in half.
4. Put strawberries in food processor and puree just a bit — make sure there are still chunks of strawberry.
5. Turn your strawberry puree into a bowl and combine with the cup of champagne and the Swerve Sweetener syrup that you created in step 2.
6. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for 6 hours at minimum. Best if frozen over night.
7. Enjoy your refreshing, low-sugar pop and all it’s icy goodness!
Now that you’ve got your champagne pop in hand, let’s talk poms!
What’s not to love? Colorful, fluffy, and cute…pom poms are having a MAJ moment this summer. I’m pretty sure we owe this trend to Libertine, Trina Turk & Marc Jacobs, who all added a lil’ pom pom flair to their spring 2014 & 2015 collections.
Isn’t this Pitusa off-the-shoulder top, pom-wonderful? It doesn’t get any better than rocking two trends with one top! It also comes in a super cute white variation that totally screams summer! I chose black so that it could easily transition into fall, because according to fall 2015 runways, this trend isn’t winding down any time soon. 🙂 Shop my look, as well as a few other pom-tastic items below!
Shop My Look:
(so so so comfy!)
Earrings: Bauble Bar
Extra Pom Finds
(because they’re just so darn cute!):
Pom Cover-Up: Shop Bop
Pom Caftan: Revolve Clothing
Pom Beach Bag: Revolve Clothing
Pom Clutch: Barneys