Shop The Post:
Maxi Dress (SO SO soft & available in 3 colors)
It’s official, the 3rd trimester is here!
I’m 28 weeks along, which means baby boy is due in 12 weeks!
We are soooooooo excited!!!
But, holy moly… I need to get to work!
We haven’t even started the nursery yet, and that has me all sorts of panicked. A few friends have told me that I need to order the crib and glider STAT, because those nursery items usually take a few months to arrive – so yikes! That’s next on my to-do list for sure.
Tom and I are heading to the doctor for our 3rd ultrasound today, so I am thrilled!! It’s been so long since we’ve seen baby. Ultrasound days are always the best days. 🙂
A few baby updates since my last #bumpdate…
- I took the glucose test about 2 weeks ago, and I passed! Yippee! Drinking that sugary glucose drink wasn’t as nasty as I anticipated (it was actually kind of delicous, baha), but I did NOT enjoy the after effect. I try to eat low carb on a daily basis so my body was not at all used to the sugar rush. It made my heart race like no other, and I experienced a major sugar coma a few hours later.
- I’m finally feeling baby kicks on the daily!!! Due to my anterior placenta, it took much longer for me to start feeling fetal movement. But since about 2 weeks ago, I’ve felt baby boy move every day! During my last appointment my doctor told me that I need to make sure that I feel baby kicks every single day. If I don’t feel a kick by 1 pm she instructed me to drink orange juice (because of the sugar) and lay down on my side to focus on feeling any kicks. Then, if I don’t feel any kicks by 2 pm, I need to give the doctor a call. To be honest, this has given me a lot of anxiety. I find myself second guessing whether or not something was a “kick” or not. I try all the tricks to get baby to move if I’m unsure (like: jumping jacks, drinking ice cold water, or eating fruit.)
Some new realizations…
- I can no longer shave my legs in the shower because of the big ol’ bump! HAHA. Yesterday I resorted to plopping down and shaving my legs on the floor of the shower – it wasn’t a pretty sight.
- As much as I’ve tried to keep the stretch marks at bay with this cream and this oil and this belly butter (& more!!) stretch marks have officially made their way to my boobs. Dang it. My boobs haven’t even gotten that big so I don’t get it. What’s up with that?!
- Babies needs LOTSA things! It’s overwhelming. How many bibs? How many burp cloths? Which bottles are the best? Should I get a Rock ‘n Play or a MomaRoo? Or both? My head is spinning with questions! My friend Mary that’s due in July has 3 different strollers – 3!! I don’t have space for that. I think I’ll stick to 2 – this Doona infant travel stroller (that I’ve been told SO many times is a must-have!) and an Uppababy stroller. Any advice on must-have baby gear would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Please let me know in the comments, and I will be forever grateful! 🙂
- All of the sudden, I’m SUPER ORGANIZED. I think it’s a “nesting” thing. I want every single thing in its place- every hanger, every sock, every bobby pin. Even our closets are color coded these days- it’s glorious. 🙂
- Prenatal workout videos have been my exercise of choice. It’s so easy to pop one in and get my workout done for the day. I’ve been exercising about 5 times a week, and I’m genuinely enjoying it. I’m going to get a prenatal workout video review up here on the blog super soon, so stay tuned! BTW, if you’re preggo and on the hunt for a great pair of workout leggings, this pair by Ingrid & Isabel is my absolute favorite!
And that’s all I have for today, my friend! Thank you so much for following along during this exciting journey! xo
hugs to you,
P.S. Come back and visit on Wednesday for a makeup review that will be up here on FashionAndFrills.com! 🙂
Photography by Mary Summers Hafner