Have you hopped upon the bandana bandwagon?
The classic, cotton bandana reappeared on the street style scene in 2014. Last year, it was dubbed the “trend of 2015”. And, in 2016, its momentum continues to snowball. Style mavens are sporting this splash of western flair left and right.
People are bananas for bandanas.
To elevate the trend a bit, consider accessorizing with this silk banana scarf. It’s a refined take on the rodeo classic. The marriage of a western print with a sumptuous silk makes for an accessory that exudes effortless sophistication.
To kick up the casual, street-style-swank, I suggest styling a denim jacket atop your shoulders. Feeling toasty? Take a tip from the 90s and wrap the denim at your waist. Because that’s another trend that’s back and better than ever.
As for this little black dress, it’s a keeper. Its versatility is unmatched.
- Layer it atop a polka-dot button down to keep things professional.
- Style it beneath some fab faux fur for a dinner out.
- Wear it sans outerwear and pair with tassel sandals come spring.
To top it off, nothing completes a casual #ootd quite like the perfect pair of shades. Snag these Karen Walker Super Duper sunnies for 15% off when you use promo code BIGEVENT16 (more info on the sale below!) They’re ridiculously versatile, universally flattering & they offer excellent sun protection. 🙂
P.S. Don’t forget to shop the Shopbop Spring Sale <aka: most phenom sale, ever!> to shop spring items up to 25% off! // Promo Code: BIGEVENT16
Fab Finds from the Shopbop Spring Sale :
- The highly-coveted Clare V. clutch <from this previous post> rarely goes on sale – so now’s your chance!
- Oscar de la Renta tassel earrings on sale?! Yes please.
- This Mara Hoffman dress has me dreaming of spring!
- Spring shoe must-haves: studded sandals, simple sneakers & these darling block-heeled beauties.
- Isn’t this beach tote beyond perfect?
And that’s just the beginning… there are too many sensational spring finds to count!
Happy Shopping! xo
Shop My Look:
Silk Bandana: Nordstrom
<available in 3 colors!>
Black Midi Dress: Nordstrom
Denim Jacket: Gap
<Get $42 off the sunnies with code: BIGEVENT16>
Suede Heels: Nordstrom
Red Lip: Sephora
Photography by Angie Garcia