Shop My Look:
Gold Pumps (avail in 3 other colors!)
Black Turtleneck (so soft & stretchy & on sale!)
Velvet Bag (similar option)
I’ve got a velvet crush, a passion for plaid, and I’m downright giddy over these gold block heels!
I’ve incorporated 3 of my favorite things into this festive December look, but the shining star of this ensemble is THE SHOES. Why you ask?
- They’re COMFY as a cloud: The 2.5 inch block heel means that you can wear these babies all day long (even Christmas shopping!!) If you want more proof, check out the fab reviews!
- Despite their lack of height, these gold block heels are STATEMENT-MAKERS.
- If gold isn’t your thing – they’re also available in silver, black suede, & the most fabulous moody floral! (P.S. I bought the black suede too… whoops!)
- It’s the most perfect party shoe for every single R.S.V.P. They’re versatility means that they’ll add just enough holiday sparkle to an endless amount of outfits, whether casual or cocktail!
- They’re $69.95! (And quite the dupe for these $895 YSL stunners!)
I’m assuming you noticed that I’m on a bit of a Christmas outfit kick? In my most recent post, I featured these holiday-perfect plaid pumps. And these gold Christmas party shoes are just as fab and from Nordstrom too! Like I’ve said time and time again, shoe shopping on Nordstrom.com is my jam. From my favorite oh-so-comfy OTK boots to these perfectly simple (yet sensational) ankle-tie pumps, when it comes to Nordstrom’s shoe department… I shop ’til I drop. (As a matter of fact, I plan on adding these pink suede BEAUTS to my Xmas wishlist. 😬) What can I say? Their shoes are my weakness.
When I stumbled upon this plaid pretty online, I just about fell out of my chair. It has EVERYTHING that I’m crazy about in a skirt… a classic (yet eye-catching) print, a structured textile (love this taffeta!), and a drop waist peplum hem (#swoon). I was sold at first sight.
And I love it even more when paired with this luxe little velvet blazer. Are you as crazy about velvet as I am? I vote that velvet blazers become a winter must. This ideal piece of outerwear can be worn for both work and play. Plus, it’s actually super duper warm! (P.S. The low is 29 degrees tomorrow in Dallas, and I’m pretty excited about it…!) Whether you wear a velvet blazer atop a slinky slip dress, a casual tee, or with your favorite pair of denim flares (these are mine!), it’s bound to make every outfit just a little (or a lot) more brilliant. 🙂
Happy Christmas party shopping, friend! Chat again super soon! xo
A huge thanks to Nordstrom for partnering with me on this post!
Photos by Madison Katlin Photography