It’s no secret that I love hair with some height.
A little lift can add life to your locks no matter the style, whether a braid or a bouffant. If it weren’t for these hair potions, products, and tools, my tresses would be limp and lifeless (thanks, but no thanks)! If you want to boost up your volume just a bit or even style your hair sky-high, these products can get you there, I swear.
Let me introduce you to my go-to gang for everyday volume…
My Pre-Blowdry Potions
- I spray Healthy Sexy Hair Leave In Conditioner in my hair and I detangle with the Wet Brush (aka: The. Best. Brush. Ever. Invented. EVER) It is super gentle on your hair and detangles every gnarly knot in half the time, no joke! I actually use it as my brush 24/7 whether my hair is wet or not. The flexible bristles make brushing your hair a breeze.
- To nourish the ends, I add a few drops of either Sedu Argan Oil or Biosilk Silk Therapy.
- Last but DEFINITELY not least, I spray a little (okay, maybe a lot!) of Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus into my roots. I add it to the body of my hair if (and only if!) I plan on curling my hair that day.
How I Fake a Pro Blowout
- So first things first, while writing this post I stumbled upon this article and just about freaked. My blowdryer (that I love SO dearly!) was recalled 2 years ago because it’s been deemed a fire hazard. I guess it’s time for a new one, folks! I’ll keep you posted on which one I pick. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for me!
- Anywho, back to the fun stuff…Has anyone else tried tirelessly to master the art of the blowout? If you’re round brush skills aren’t up to par, you’re usually out of luck. I could never tame my tresses as well as the salon, until the John Frieda Rotating Hot Air Brush came into my life. Yes, it may look like it stepped right out of an infomercial, but it works, ladies! When my hair is 80% dry I drop my dryer and pick up this baby to get that bend on my ends! I would suggest purchasing through Amazon – it’s 50% less than what you’ll pay at Ulta!
What I Use To Get That Height!
- The Teez With Eez is my secret to hair that won’t fall flat! My hair maintains it’s height much longer when I use the Teez With Eez as opposed to a regular teasing comb. Since there are two rows of teeth on this comb, it gets to each and every little hair strand. According to the manufacturer, it teases your hair in 1/4 of the time, but I think that’s a bit of an overstatment. In my experience, it’s cuts the time down by about half— not too shabby if you ask me! I’m totally a convert. My co-dependant relationship with my Teeze with Eez is so real that I just ordered the Teeze With Eez To Go… I just couldn’t help myself!
- Now that we’ve got our volume, let’s talk glue. I spray each teased portion directly with hairspray before I lower down the hair and smooth out. Then of course I spray a light mist over my entire head. Redken Fashion Work & L’Oreal Elnett Satin Hair Spray are my favorites! They both have a super fine mist that will leave your hair soft & touchable while simultaneously holding your hair in place for hours.
- If I want to add some oomph to the body of my hair, my go to product is Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. A lot of people swear by it, and I understand why! It really is like texture in a bottle. I typically use it when I am going for a wavy, boho look. It’s amaze.
In closing, I think now might be the perfect time to belt out that Willow Smith song that went viral in 2010, “I Whip My Hair” …because when you have volume that’ll last all day long you can “whip your hair back and forth” all you want!
Stay frilly & fabulously YOU,