I love makeup, like, a lot. So when spring and summer roll around I consider it the optimal time to do a little makeup bag refresh! Spring and summer months in Texas = major heat. So products that feel light on the skin are ESSENTIAL. Another must-have? An easy-to-apply fake tan. 🙂 Well, I’ve got you covered sister! Here are 10 new beauty favorites from Nordstrom that I’m using on the daily. I’ve linked to all 10 products beneath the photo below, but keep reading for a more in-depth rundown on top my 3!
10 Spring/Summer Beauty Favorites
- Vita Liberata Body Blur (Easy & organic instant tan!)
- bareMinerals bareSkin Sun Serum Bronzer (Feels weightless on the skin!)
- Smashbox Highlighter Palette (A gorgeous, natural-looking glow!)
- Tata Harper Lip & Cheek Tint (I’ve only used it on the lips- I love this all-natural brand!)
- Clé de Peau Beauté The Foundation (Feels light on the skin & has SPF! Pricey but worth it.)
- Trish McEvoy Wet/Dry Even Skin Brush (What I use to apply the foundation above.)
- Charlotte Tilbury Brightening Youth Glow (Using this as a lightweight primer lately.)
- bareMinerals “The Power of Neutrals” Eyeshadow Palette (Everyday must-have hues!)
- NARS Concealer (Doesn’t dry up as fast as my previous favorite. I wear shade “chantilly”.)
- RMS Beauty Un Powder (To set under eye concealer & overall face makeup.)
And here’s a little more info about my top 3 favorites…!
Let’s kick things off with a before and after:
Ever since becoming preggo, I’ve steered clear of spray tans. My OBGYN said spray tans were a no-go since inhaling the spray tan during application is always a possibility. #bummer
So what’s a girl to do in the peak of spring/summer without a spray tan?
Enter: Vita Liberata Body Blur.
It not only gives you an INSTANT tan; it also blurs all of those pesky imperfections.
(I’m looking at you spider veins!)
If you look at the photo above, the color difference is pretty darn dramatic, and it was applied in under 1 minute. It’s SO EASY. I purchased the medium shade “Latte” because the lightest shade is currently sold out.
The best part about Vita Liberata’s Body Blur?
Since Body Blur is made with certified organic ingredients (and it’s also paraben-free, sulfate-free & phthalate-free) I feel good about applying it to my skin during pregnancy. 🙂
Oh how I love this bronzer!
I’ve never been much of a liquid bronzer kind-of-gal, matte bronzing powders have always been my go-to. I decided to give this serum bronzer a try for 2 reasons:
- It’s paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, synthetic fragrance-free, synthetic dye-free & petrochemical-free.
- The words “sheer” and “serum” were in it’s name so I figured that it would feel light on my skin during hot spring and summer months.
You guys, this bronzer is virtually weightless! I LOVE the feel on my skin because it’s like you aren’t wearing makeup at all. If I’m heading somewhere special I will apply it on top of the foundation featured below, but on casual days (when the fanciest place I go is Whole Foods…) I will wear this serum on its own and set it with a lightweight powder. The color is a very realistic bronze. It’s an absolute spring/summer must-have for me.
This stuff is PRICEY. Sticker shock is an understatement. So why did I take the plunge and purchase?
I’m a longtime fan of actress/model/author Molly Sims. I follow her on Instagram and watched her apply her makeup on Instagram Live a few months back. She swore by this oh-so-expensive Clé de Peau Beauté Foundation and promised that it was worth the price. So, guess what? I believed her.
And, hip-hip-hooray, I was not disappointed!
There are 2 things that I LOVE about this foundation.
- Even after a long day of wearing this foundation, it feels incredibly light and non-cakey. If it weren’t for mirrors, I would forget that I was wearing makeup. Upon initial application, I’m not super wowed, but then it melds into the skin BEAUTIFULLY within a few minutes and lasts ALL DARN DAY when topped with this translucent powder. (Moral of the story? Give it a few minutes before you judge! It will impress you.)
- It has SPF! I love a good 2-in-1 product. I’ve been using this SPF serum religiously every morning, but I love knowing that my foundation adds an extra layer of sun protection.
Another reason you might as well splurge and try this foundation despite the price?
Nordstrom is THE BEST at returns. If you don’t 100% love it, you can return it ANYTIME and get your $250 back in a jiffy. 🙂
P.S. I totally guessed on my shade when I ordered online, and it ended up matching my skin tone perfectly. My shade is: O20 LIGHT OCHRE.
Oh, and before you go…
I’ve been excited to share my new acrylic makeup organizer with you! I absolutely adore it. It’s very high quality; I can tell that it will last for years to come. There’s room for an abundance of liners, foundations & lippies for all of you product junkies like me. I currently store 82 different beauty products in my acrylic organizer, and there’s still open space for new additions. Highly recommended! 🙂
A huge thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post! I purchased all products myself, and all opinions are 100% genuine.